Fact 1: Homeopathy Is Evidence-Based Medicine
There are over 600 published research studies, 180 controlled and 120 randomised trials conducted, that demonstrate the effectiveness of homeopathy. Some of the study results proving the efficiency of homeopathic medicines on some major ailments have been discussed below:
- A study on homeopathic medicine Lycopodium 30C showed its benefits on high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments, improving memory, reducing inflammation and providing over 60% protection against alcohol induced gastric ulcer.
- Homeopathic remedy Rhustox 200 has been found to work effectively for relief from pain and stiffness in joints in rheumatoid arthritis.
- 58% patients suffering from major depression, social phobia or panic disorder responded favourably to individualistically prescribed homeopathic remedies.
- Evaluation by neurologists revealed significant reduction in the frequency of migraine attacks in patients undergoing homeopathy treatment.
- 82% patients treated by homeopathy enjoyed improvement in rheumatoid arthritis.
- 63% patients on homeopathy had increased sleep time, reduced interruptions during sleep, and reduced nervousness without any side-effects.
- 82% of people treated with Homeopathy experienced good relief from allergic symptoms as compared to 67% of people who experienced relief from conventional medicine.
- A study of 118 eczema patients published in Complementary Therapies in Medicine reported that homeopathy was as effective as standard conventional treatments in the short-term, and more effective than them in the longer-term.
- Children attending a pediatric practice where conventional and homeopathic medicines were used, and who were previously diagnosed with ADHD, were given individualized homoeopathic medicines (increasing potencies of the most similar LM remedy). 75% responded to homoeopathy.
Fact 2: Homeopathy Acts Quickly
The action of homeopathic medicine depends on various factors like sensitivity of the patient, the nature of illness, the pathology of the disease, and various other treatment measures taken before resorting to homeopathy. When people choose homeopathy for chronic problems such as arthritis, allergic asthma or skin conditions, these appear to take a longer time to heal. In acute ailments like diarrhoea, acute cold and cough, homeopathic remedies act as fast as conventional medicines, sometimes even faster.
Fact 3: Homeopathy Works Well With Conventional Medicine
Clinical evidence shows that conventional medicine and homeopathy work well. Recognizing the effectiveness of homeopathy, the Government of India has decided to open a homeopathy department at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). Even abroad, homeopaths are integrated in the healthcare system of the country.
Fact 4: There Are No Diet Restrictions In Homeopathy
The only dietary restriction that a homeopath may impose depends on the disease that the patient suffers from; for example, diabetics should avoid sweets and a high carbohydrate diet. Such dietary suggestions are commonly recommended in all forms of medicine to enhance healing. Since homeopathic medicines act through nerve endings, traditional homeopaths do not prefer the consumption of substances with strong odors like toothpaste, garlic, and onions. Modern homeopaths recommend having the medicines after rinsing the mouth half an hour before and after meals and also advocate placing the medicine below the tongue for best results. This apart there are hardly any diet restrictions in homeopathy.
Fact 5: Homeopathic Medicines Are Derived From 3,000 Different Sources
Although all homeopathic medicines look alike, they are not same. There are more than 4,000 homeopathic medicines in practice. The basic ingredients of homeopathic medicines come from 3,000 different sources that are majorly derived from plants and minerals. For better palatability, the liquid homeopathic medicine is poured into small globules, which are highly porous and absorptive.