Pants and trousers are often neglected when it comes to ensuring a good fit. While the jacket receives most of the attention, a well-fitting pair of trousers is a piece of art. While some legs are easier to fit properly than other, certain aspects of a nicely fitting pair of pants can be achieved by anyone. Let’s discuss today how pants should fit and what goes in making a trouser look sharp and add to your personality!
The answer to this lies in ensuring that the trousers you select are based on your Body Shape. The following is a starter’s guide to help you pay attention to key elements when you go trouser shopping:
For Slim/Thin Built Individuals:
- Trousers with a single pleat is best suited for the slim male.
- If you are a slim as well as a tall person, ensure that your trouser bottom has a fold. That will provide weight, it will act like an anchor and help prevent your trousers from swaying when you walk.
For Big Built Individuals:
- Avoid trousers with front pleats – these add more volume to your waist and hip area.
- If you are of average or below average height, it is a must to avoid pleats
For Medium Built Individuals:
- You could experiment for the no-pleats or the single-pleats trouser. The current trouser trend is the no-pleats trouser.
- If you are tall, then a fold and a pleat is a good idea.
- If you are short, avoid the folded bottom completely. This will help avoid looking short in appearance. You also should focus on giving a seamless appearance, hence giving a fold at the bottom gives a break to the appearance.
Pertinent Pointers For Formal Trousers:
- With regard to Formal Trousers – the Center Crease is a must – let there be no negotiation on that front.
- When it comes to Front Closure style for Formal Trousers, always opt for the long leach with the button closure. As the extended long leach helps to provide a firm fit giving a clean look for the frontal waist area.
For those of us who like comfort-fitted trouser, you don’t have to compromise on your looks by ending up with trousers that look like pyjamas! To get that comfortable trouser fitting along with a trouser that looks sharp, simply ask for trousers that have 1 or 2 pleats in the front, and have shape provided below the knees up to the bottom of your trousers.
When it comes to Traditional, Ethnic or Western men’s wear in our Community, one needs not look beyond Kaizad Wadia’s fine fashion and perfect fits. He dresses his eclectic range of clients with impeccable style and timeless grace – be it our traditional wear like Daglis, or the more formal custom clothing like Blazers, Trouser and Shirts. Kaizad Wadia’s globally renowned designs and couture has been servicing the European markets with bespoke clothing for over a decade now.
To ensure you look your absolute best, especially through the oncoming festive season, connect with Kaizad Wadia at + 91 9833619246