I’m certain that every passionate motorcycle aficionado, will know most of these motorcycles, if not all. Should any of us get down to making our own lists – they would differ every single time, albeit with plenty of overlaps from the below mentioned makes and models. Here is my homage, to what I feel, were and continue to be, the Top 15 best-of-the-best international motorcycles ever…
- BMW R1200GS: The best adventure touring motorcycle ever? Sure gets my vote!
- BMW R69S: With love from Munich, it came with Earles type forks and a smooth 600cc, ‘Boxer engine’. A recipe for a successful and sought-after motorcycle.
- BROUGH SUPERIOR SS100: The ‘Rolls-Royce’ of motorcycles that did a record 210kph in 1927! Don’t see the need to elaborate…
- BSA A10 ROCKET GOLDSTAR: A superb pre-unit 650cc twin cylinder motorcycle. My steed of choice to be seen on, outside Ace Café!
- BSA GOLDSTAR DBD34: The epitome of British production road-racing, single-cylinder motorcycles.
- HONDA GOLDWING: The ultimate expression of a touring motorcycle. There are wannabes and there is the Goldwing!
- HONDA NSR 500: A V-4 2-stroke and its spiritual successor, is the V-5 RC211V. Unarguably one of the most successful Grand Prix motorcycles ever!
- HONDA RC30: Still looks contemporary, even three decades after its debut! A motorcycle, which many would testify, was one of Honda’s highest forms of technical prowess then, showcased to the world.
- HRD VINCENT BLACK SHADOW ‘SERIES C’: A production 1000cc V-twin from England, this one went on to secure the ‘Fastest Motorcycle In The World’ record in 1955, in the guise of a souped-up ‘BLACK LIGHTNING’. It clocked 297.64 kph at Christchurch, New Zealand.
- KAWASAKI H2: Speed! Speed!! Speed!!! A super-charged, 1000cc production motorcycle from Team Green. All rise to the mighty!
- MATCHLESS G50 / AJS 7R: The only competition to Norton Manx in the TT races were these beautiful 500cc / 350cc motorcycles.
- NORTON MANX ‘MODEL 30’: The legend of the Isle of Mann Tourist Trophy. Successfully ridden by TT legends – Geoff Duke, John Surtees and Mike ‘the bike’ Hailwood, to name a few. As Norton’s popular punchline goes, the Manx then, was truly, ‘The Unapproachable’.
- SUZUKI HAYABUSA: So popular is its name, and synonymous to Superbikes, that that many an Indian novice you encounter, still refers to any superbike – that passes him or her – as a Hayabusa! One of the best Sport-Tourers of our times!
- VELOCETTE THRUXTON: A production 500cc. single-cylinder engine machine, with successes in road racing, as well as the Isle of Mann Tourist Trophy.
- YAMAHA VMAX: In production since 1985, it now produces 1700cc from its massive V4 engine. A blend of brute power and brute looks!
Latest posts by PT Reporter (see all)
- મહાબાનુ મોદી-કોટવાલ અને પુત્ર કૈઝાદ કર્મવીર પુરૂષકર મહારત્ન એવોર્ડથી સન્માનિત - 7 December2019
- પારસી જીમખાનાએ ફેબ ઓલ-ઝોરો આર્મ-રેસલિંગ સ્પર્ધા યોજી - 7 December2019
- વિશેષ અદાલત પારસી દંપતીઓને છૂટાછેડા અપાવશે - 7 December2019