“Whisper a prayer in the morning,
Whisper a prayer at noon,
Whisper a prayer in the evening,
Twill keep your heart in tune!”
– From my school Hymnal
Prayer is not just a part of the day when you sit and recite your manthras by rote. Everyday that we have ahead of us, is a gift and we must use it wisely, but we must not think of prayer as an isolated time of the day. We must incorporate it in our daily actions. We can then weave a stronghold of vibrations around ourselves, and our loved ones, which protects us. When a child is born, we rejoice. We love our baby, nurture it, provide the best that we can for it, educate it and instill a set of values. And we continue to do this all our lives. However, if we believe that a child is born from the essence of Pak Dadar Ahura Mazda, then what should we do to protect and strengthen that essence, the spark of the Almighty?
Firstly, when you hold your baby in your hands for the first time, you must whisper a Yatha in each ear. This plants a seed of good manthra in your child’s consciousness. When your baby cries and you want it to calm down, recite the Ashem continuously. It will definitely have a calming effect on the child. As you feed your child, with each mouthful recite the Yatha. As you prepare food for your family, recite the Yatha continuously in your mind, your food will be divinely blessed. When you invoke the blessings of Dadar Ahura Mazda with each action, you then fill your life with positivity and joy.
This column is in continuation of my ongoing series on the 101 names of Pak Dadar Ahura Mazda, which are really His attributes or qualities. Chanting these names regularly creates a protective aura of their strength around us and keeps us safe. Reciting these names daily, post doing the kusti prayer, can remedy almost all ills and challenges we face. They are not a substitute for effort and hard work; these will augment your dedication and give it an added boost. Please note that each name is a prayer in itself and can be chanted to gain maximum benefit of its particular divine vibration.
- Abarja: During the course of our life, we commit many sins, be they of commission or omission. It is important to be conscious of the wrong that you do and halt the misdeed in its track. However, it is also extremely important to seek forgiveness for past misdeeds. This name is the forgiver, hence if you are truly sorry for what you have done, then you can recite this name to seek forgiveness. Reciting this name with a contrite heart will grant you pardon from your sins. This name is also the one who rewards you. If you chant this name, then you will be given justified rewards for your work.
- Asatoh: This name, when chanted early in the morning (Ashaum Asatoh Yazmaide), will be rewarded with gainful employment. Reciting this name brings you independence and self-sufficiency. You should rub your palms together after reciting this name and put them across your face. You will feel more confident about yourself and your capacity to work independently.
- Rakhoh: “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only meant to climb,” – how true is this statement. We carry much excess baggage as we go along our lives. Our worries, insecurities and tensions are the heavy loads we lug daily. And then we wonder why we feel so drained! Reciting this name helps you do away with your heavy burdens and walk lightly along God’s path. It also brings you help and guidance in moments of uncertainty.
- Varun: The destroyer of evil forces. In the Hindu pantheon, Varun is the God of the Ocean, the sky, the clouds and the celestial winds. Isn’t it strange that all these elements are connected with the destruction of ill? Many times, we are given very bad advice, disguised as good intention. Our minds are overtaken by these so-called words of wisdom. Chanting the name, ‘Varun’, protects us against these evil forces and gives us the wisdom to understand that we are walking down the path of evil. This name also has the power to destroy bad thoughts in your mind.
- Afarefa: The destroyer of betrayal, He punishes those who betray or wrongfully harass someone. If you are truthful and you recite this name with dedication, you will be protected against untruthful, fake and back-biting people. Reciting this name helps us to fulfil our promises and abide by our word.
- Behfarefa: In life, we encounter all sorts of people. At times we are unable to recognize their true colours. If your enemy is trying to trap you or work against you, then reciting this name will have these plans fall flat. Chanting this name helps release yourself from such traps. This name should be recited as, ‘Ashaum Behfarefa Fatae Yazamaide’.
- Aduie: One who is fearless, bold, strong and tension-free! If you live by yourself or are on your own and feel afraid, chanting this name instills courage. Sometimes, the slightest sound or movement can send you into panic. That is the time to recite this name, as it is the weapon with which we can destroy evil spirits or bad energies. This name nullifies all evil forces.
- Kamerad: The Divine Plan – Let Thy will be done! There is no greater future than the one which God has planned for you. His Divine plan is that Goodness and Kindness must prevail in all. Goodness comes to the person praying this name. It also helps remove difficulties and keep our children safe.
- Farman–Kam: The Law and the Order of the Divine One. Everything happens as per His Law. When we are exhausted, at the end of a long day, chanting this name brings a deep sense of relaxation and peace. When we lose all hope and the future seems dark, chanting this name revives us and sets things right. This name carries with it the power to remove all sickness and send blessings. Chanting this name is like sending out an urgent message to Ahura, like a cry for help and Divine intervention will surely come to our aid!
- Aeakh Tan: It is like having a Divine Twin being. The person who recites this name will be rewarded for their hard work in inexplicable ways. Reciting this name will help us in conducting our office or business work and it will guide us with Divine inspiration. Praying ‘Ashaum Aeakh Tan Yazamaide’ helps you to receive Divine help in all matters.
- Holy Vibrations - 18 March2023
- Inter-Connectedness And Gratitude - 13 August2022
- Ye Who Follow Shall Not Fall - 19 March2022