And the onslaught continues! We are continuously bombarded with news… which are the Red-Zone areas, doctors and policemen people being beating up; policemen beating up citizens; people migrating back home on foot with children and families in tow… that building’s under containment… ad nauseum!
90% of us who share these messages are merely arm-chair assistants. We have never lifted a finger to help any of these, or we don’t have the means to help and we never will. We have made it our mission in life to be the bearers of anything which is mildly connected with news or people putting out appeals or a list of how the lockdown will be eased. We spread this news, real and false, faster than the virus itself. I wonder, then, who the real parasites are!
During this time, with mental health and depression fast becoming a severe epidemic in itself, let us use our connections wisely. Let us lend a sympathetic ear to an ailing relative, a worried friend or someone who is worried about not having any source of income. Let us spread cheer instead of fear. If anyone has benefitted by reciting the prayers given herein, then please share that experience with the ones who need it. Share the positivity that you gain through your prayers and transform darkness into light. More than anything else, we need to know that our lives will be different but much better than before. We need to know that we will once more have fruitful and fulfilling jobs to do. We need to know that we will have wonderful times to make memories with our family and friends. We need to start ardent prayers for all the people within and outside our circle of influence. Say a Tandarosti for all the people you know – we all need hope more than anything else.
This column is in continuation of my ongoing series on the 101 names of Pak Dadar Ahura Mazda, which are really His attributes or qualities. Chanting these names regularly creates a protective aura of their strength around us and keeps us safe. Reciting these names daily, post doing the kusti prayer, can remedy almost all ills and challenges we face. They are not a substitute for effort and hard work; these will augment your dedication and give it an added boost. Please note that each name is a prayer in itself and can be chanted to gain maximum benefit of its particular divine vibration.
- Adar Badgar: Science tells us that we are all governed by the laws of the elements of nature viz. Fire, Earth, Water, Air and Ether. This name is the one who changes Fire or raging winds into Air. The Fareshtas (guardian spirits) that preside over the elements of nature have various names. This name has the power to subdue a tyrant or an oppressor. If a person is unfair in his dealings with you and makes your life difficult, then chanting this name will help him become understanding. This name also has the power to eradicate all ailments caused by heat and remove them from the roots. In the sweltering weather that we face, we must regularly chant this name for relief from heat-related ailments. Chanting this name righteously will purify your own conscience and soul.
- Adar Namgar: One who can change Fire into Water. The transformation of elements from one into the other is deeply entrenched in our faith. But we also have scientific proof of the interconnectivity of the 5 elements. It is the Fire that resides in Water that brings us Hydroelectricity. This name is particularly important for people who are hot-headed and act / speak in a brash manner. If you are faced with such a person, then reciting this name will help them calm down. If you are hot-headed yourself and wish to change, reciting this name 101 times daily will help you control your temper and its resultant destructive energy.
- Baad Adargar: One who changes wind into fire. We are frequently brought down by ailments of the wind doshas in our body. Stiffening of joints, gas, acidity etc. are wind related diseases. This name brings relief from any acute wind caused problems. It has the power to cure rheumatism and even paralysis when recited 101 times every day for 40 days.
- Baad Namgar: One who changes wind to water. During an emergency, reciting this name can satisfy your thirst. If you want good quality of water for agricultural / personal purposes, reciting this name will help you find water which will keep you healthy and also nourish your plants.
- Baad Gelgar: One who changes wind to earth / dust. This name has the ability to clear any severe illness caused due to wind. Ayurveda speaks of the doshas (weaknesses in the body) – pitha, vata and kapha. When the wind energy in our body is disturbed, we can find relief by reciting this name.
- Baad Geradtum: One who energizes both – the air and the earth – and one who can also create these elements. This name can cure diseases caused by heat, it can purify impure blood and also clears the impurities in the eyes. It is like an elixir for overall good health.
- Adar Kibritatoom: It can create gems out of stones. This name has the capacity to transform a stone-like, useless person into a fine gem-like one! Those suffering from apathy, students who do not study or who are not able to retain the work that they have memorized, will benefit from the recitation of this name. It is particularly important to recite this name for those people who suffer from reduced brain function. This name has the power to grant lofty boons to the one who seeks with a sincere heart.
- Baad Garjae: One who creates a soothing and cooling breeze in times of intense heat. I am sure we will all use this name many times over to gain respite from this festering heat. This name is also associated with receiving well deserved honor and prizes. It is a name that brings bountiful blessings.
- Abtum (Ashaum Yazda Yazdan Abtum Yazamaide): Reciting this name removes all impurities and brings about lustre and clarity, giving the reciter a shining brilliance in their aura, like a polished mirror that reflects the glory of Ahura Mazda! Those who are desirous of having beautiful children should recite this name continuously. This name clears out the dust and dirt from our souls and brings respect and status for those that recite it with a sincere heart.
- Gael Adargar: One who converts Earth into Fire. This is symbolic of igniting the flame of worship within us. It helps us to move beyond the mundane physical into the glowing spiritual. Reciting this name helps cure problems in the intestine and it also helps us to digest our food more efficiently.
Look out for the continuation of ‘The 101 Names Of Pak Dadar Ahura Mazda’ Series in our next issue.
- Khurshed Yasht II – The Army Of Pak Dadar Ahura Mazda (The Yasht Series) - 24 October2020
- Khurshed Yazad And The Will Of Ahriman (The Yasht Series) - 17 October2020
- Khorshed Yasht – I (The Yasht Series) - 3 October2020