Clarification From BPP
I make a reference to an article published by an undisclosed author in Mumbai Samachar dated 18th December 2016 on Parsi Darshan page as well as a voice recording between Mr. Dinshaw Mehta, Ex-Chairman, Bombay Parsi Punchayet and one Mr. Jamshed Irani being circulated on WhatsApp wherein certain allegations have been made against the BPP Board of Trustees as well as the Administration regarding cash found in the cupboard of the BPP Ex-Chief Executive Officer, the late Mehli P. Colah. It is unfortunate that such allegations are insinuated without any clarification from the BPP. In response to these allegations, I would like to bring to the attention of our community members the following facts:
- The Demonetization came into effect from the morning of November 9, 2016.
- On 16th November 2016 i.e. within a week from that date, I have addressed a letter bearing ref. no. BPP/POL/2 to the Sr. Inspector of Police, MRA Marg, recording the fact that the amount sealed in the Bombay Parsi Punchayet cupboard is in the denomination of Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1,000/-; further requesting him to guide as to how to proceed in the matter taking in view the deadline of December 30, 2016 for the exchange of old Rs. 500/- and
Rs. 1,000/- denomination currency notes. This was done after intimating a few of the Trustees in the matter. The letter is available with the Bombay Parsi Punchayet in case anyone would like to verify the same.
- After about a month had passed, Trustee Kersi Randeria personally went to the MRA Marg Police Station and met the Sr. Inspector as well as the Investigating Officer on 12th December 2016 and requested them to help the Trust by giving suitable guidance to take the matter forward in the interest of the Trust. He once again handed over copies of both the letters – one being dated July 27, 2015 from the Police Authorities strictly advising the Bombay Parsi Punchayet not to use the cash of Rs. 20 Lakhs; where we were ordered: “Therefore, you are directed not to open the seal of the said cupboard and not to disposed off/not to divert said cash of Rs. 20 Lakhs for any other purpose till further communication from the M.R.A. Marg Police Station, Mumbai.”; and another letter already referred to earlier dated 16-11-2016 addressed by the Bombay Parsi Punchayet to the Police authorities.
- Under the order of the MRA Marg Police Authorities, the undersigned had been to the Police Station the very next day i.e. on 13th December 2016 and gave a Statement which was recorded by the Police.
- On December 15, 2016 the Investigation Officer has replied to the Trust and asked the BPP to obtain necessary orders from the Court as the Police are now simultaneously investigating both the complaints viz., Rs. 20 Lakhs found in the cupboard as also for FIR filed by Ex- Bombay Parsi Punchayet Trustee, Mr. Khojeste P. Mistree with the MRA Marg Police Station against ex-Chairman Mr. Dinshaw Mehta.
- Presently, we are in the process of making an application to the Court as per the guidance of the Police Station.
It is hoped that this clarifies the position, as of now, in the matter.
Chief Executive Officer, BPP
An X’mas Wish For Our Dear Readers
With faith great and love, decorate I, the X’mas tree.
Leaving upon it gifts of Manashni, Gavashni, Kunashni free.
If practice this we sincerely, the world, a wonderful place will be.
Ahura bless us will, if this truth we can, ourselves see.
Besides a little effort on our part, there is no fee.
Our efforts these, spread slowly will, across the sea.
Then this practice of Manashni, Gavashni, Kunashni will bring glee.
So my little gift, towards happiness, is your precious key.
Great Marketing Partner
I would like to thank PT and appreciate the benefits of being a Parsi Times patron! Not only does the superior quality content of Parsi Times provide an entertaining and informative Saturday read for us readers, but even the advertisers stand to gain!
I would like to share an excellent experience I’ve had with your leading community weekly. I wanted to sell off my car and decided to put up an advt for the same in the Parsi Times. I was impressed from the word go! The cordial nature and helpfulness of the PT staff is splendid! The marketing team worked out a good price for me and I was assisted by the edit department for framing my advertisement too. I was delighted with the cooperative spirit of the team.
But the best part was yet to come! The day that my Advt appeared in Parsi Times, I got a large number of calls and my car got sold that very morning itself! I kept getting calls through the day and the week! I’m mighty impressed with the readership too!
Great going, PT! Keep it up!
Anita Bahadur Bharucha