Sifu (Master/Teacher) Wing Cheung, the founder of Tai chi, Qigong and Feng Shui Institute (Hongkong and Canada) has devoted his life to spreading the wonders of qi around the world. Through his workshops, he has trained hundreds of Tai Chi Qigong instructors worldwide. He now teaches Tai Chi and Qigong, and works as a Feng Shui consultant to determine the auspicious flow of qi/energy in and around the house. Experts, Kashmira Shaw Raj and Dr. Brijesh Raj, are Shibashi Level 3 Instructors, certified by Master Sifu Wing Cheung of Tai Chi Qigong and Feng Shui Institute, Hongkong and Canada. Their institute, ‘The Tai-Qi Touch’ is listed on his official website.
Understanding the Concepts:
Tai Qi (pronounced Chi):
Tai means ‘supreme ultimate’ and Chi (Qi) means energy. It translates into the supreme, ultimate fist.
Qigong: As Qi means energy and Gong means work, Qigong refers to working with energy – it integrates body postures, movements, breathing and meditation to ensure a healthy body, mind and soul. These exercises facilitate relaxation, stress relief, increase in energy and healing of degenerative and chronic diseases.
Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi is a set of Qigong exercises based on the philosophy of Tai Chi. It comprises sets of 18 movements with breathing techniques. The exercises are gentle, beautiful, flowing and deeply relaxing.
The benefits are both – plentiful and palpable. The Qigong method is convenient for all, immaterial of age or physical condition, as it is easy to learn and can be practiced sitting or standing. Also:
- The exercises are designed to improve general health and wellbeing.
- The gentle rocking motions and stretching movements improve circulation and digestion.
- The overall effect reduces mental stress and physical tension from the muscles of the body.
- The chest exercises and controlled breathing are especially effective for those with lung conditions like asthma.
- The movements, doubled with rhythmic breathing, are beneficial to people of all ages, as it does not stress muscles or joints.
Date: Monday, June 25th to July, 27th 2018
Time: 7:00pm to 8:00 pm
Venue: Infinite Studio, Girgaum, Chowpatty, Opposite Starbucks Coffee House.
For details, call 9323874418 or E-mail: email@example.com