How Old Is Too Old To Start Exercising? 65 Is Still Young!
We often hear the elderly say, “I must not exercise, I should rest. Exercising makes me risk injury. There’s no point – I’m anyway too old for this.”
Quite the contrary!! Exercise becomes more important than ever to your health as you age. It can help boost your energy, maintain your independence, protect your heart and manage symptoms of illness or pain as well as your weight. Regular exercise is extremely good for your mind, mood and memory. No matter your age or your current physical condition, it’s never too late and you are never too old to become fitter and healthier. Aging does not ruin the ability of the body to enhance stamina, strength or suppleness.
Improve your health and outlook by working with a good trainer who can help you with:
a A pre-exercise screening questionnaire to seek medical clearance, if needed.
- A comprehensive plan that includes stamina improving exercises like brisk walking or stair climbing, strength building exercises like squats and presses; stretches that enhance your flexibility.
- A longer warm up with more mobility exercises.
- Actions to build your effort level gradually.
- Correct form and technique.
By Lata Rajan,
Senior Faculty (Exercise Science)
K11 Academy of Fitness Sciences
- નવરોઝ મુબારક! - 18 March2023
- જમશેદી નવરોઝ એક નવી જાગૃતિ - 18 March2023
- આજની હાઈ-ફાઈ અને વાઈ-ફાઈ જનરેશનને શું ખબર કે 80-90ના જમાનામાં પણ કેવી જાતની કોમ્પ્યુટર ટેકનોલોજીઓ હતી! - 18 March2023