Such a simple and yet beautiful message! Every blade of grass, drop of sunshine, wave of the ocean, craggy mountain, soothing breeze, the glorious flowing river… and all of the creations of Paak Dadar Ahura Mazda have their own unique beauty. They do not complain about the pollution they face, the man-made obstacles, the carving out of valleys for settlements, the dams that control their flow, the garbage-islands that float on them, the reclamation to accommodate an ever increasing human population!
Nature is content in itself, perhaps with a deep confidence in its Creator. Let’s take a leaf out of its booklet. Sometimes, we forget the many, many blessings which are showered upon us by our Pak Dadar Ahura Mazda. The following are the Twenty Most Powerful Names, or might we rightfully say, the attributes, of Dadar Ahura Mazda, which when recited, will remind you of the Mighty Hand that is above your head, and forever looking out for you! Never fear, Ahura is near!
This Navroze, try and shift your focus from your own self and your problems – pay attention to all the happiness that His grace has showered upon you so abundantly! Enjoy it! Cherish it! But above all, and to be able to enjoy or cherish it, first acknowledge it. Let us reflect on and recount the many little joys that flood our lives! Let’s literally count our blessings. I’m sharing a brief list of my joys, as under, with you and I hope you will be able to relate with some of my joys and that this will encourage you to make your own list of blessings you are grateful for
From My Blessings List:
- Tending to the holy Della Tower Dadgah Saheb and rearranging the flames into shiny brilliance.
- My grand-niece saying “Hi” on the phone.
- Watching Big Bang Theory with my daughter and discussing the quirks of Sheldon.
- Standing on the balcony with my husband and my daily cuppa.
- Makai bhutta, rains and Worli Seaface with friends
- Hugging my children
- Watching the moon outside my window
- Snacking on chocolate cake in the middle of the night (every household must have chocolate cake in the fridge at all times… it’s the law!)
- The phone pinging with the message that my salary has been credited to my account!
- Catching up with family
- Making gajar mewa nu achar
- Waking up to the wonderful hum of my husband’s prayer.
I end with these eternal lines by William Wordsworth…
“For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude:
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.”
Navroze Mubarak to one and all!
- Holy Vibrations - 18 March2023
- Inter-Connectedness And Gratitude - 13 August2022
- Ye Who Follow Shall Not Fall - 19 March2022